Mothers' Union unites Christians of all ages across the world. Through praying, campaigning and volunteering, members strengthen marriage and family life and bring about positive changes in their communities.
Whether you are looking for support, fellowship, or simply a place to meet like-minded individuals, Mothers' Union is the place for you. Membership is open to anyone who has been baptised and who will support our aims and objectives. You don't have to be a mother you just have to believe in the importance of strengthening family life within society. Men are welcome too
There are membership options to suit every lifestyle, so we are confident you will find it easy to be part of Mothers' Union.
Its vision is of a world where God's love is shown through loving, respectful, and flourishing relationships.
Aim & Purpose: To demonstrate the Christian faith in action by the transformation of communities worldwide through the nurture of the family in its many forms.
In order to carry out this aim, the Mothers' Union objectives are:
· To uphold Christ's teaching on the nature of marriage and promote its wider understanding.
· To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church.
· To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service.
· To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children.
· To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
Our branch of the Mothers Union normally meets on the second Thursday of the month at 10.00am either in the Church Room or St. Mary’s Church.
There is a varied programme of events and details can be found in the parish magazine.